Communities within Jefferson County
Jefferson County Relocation Guide
Baneberry is a small community with a population of approximately 325 residents. Located on a peninsula on Douglas Lake, it has spectacular views of English Mountain and features a beautiful championship golf course in Baneberry Golf Resort. The resort has a tennis court, a restaurant and a Par 71 golf course with excellent bentgrass greens. The lodge at Baneberry offers rooms for rental.
Dandridge is the county seat of government and one of the oldest towns in Tennessee and the only town in America, named after America's first, First Lady, Martha Dandridge Custis Washington. This quaint, historic town has preserved many of its historic buildings and offers a glimpse into history. The Jefferson County Courthouse built in 1845 houses a museum that has many historic photographs and is the same courthouse that the legendary Davy Crockett ventured to in order to obtain his marriage license. This beautiful town is bordered by Douglas Lake and has seen a recent boom in commercial investment by the addition of restaurants and shopping opportunities in the downtown area.
Jefferson City is the home of Carson-Newman College, a private liberal arts college that is consistently rated high by many leading publications. Jefferson City is located on Highway 11E between Morristown and Knoxville.
New Market is an historic town that once was home to famous writer Francis Hodgson Burnett, author of such noted classics as Little Lord Fauntleroy, The Secret Garden and The Little Princess. New Market has beautiful rolling hills and offers some of the most scenic views in the county. New Market is home to River Glen Equestrian Park which is located on the Holston River and the property ranges from river bottoms to wooded ridge tops offering spectacular views of Clinch Mountain. The park hosts the River Glen Horse Trails and many other important equestrian events.
White Pine is located off Interstate 81 in the northeast portion of the county. Incorporated in 1901, the town is today home of the Smoky Mountain Expo Center, a 6,000 seat arena managed by Walters State Community College. White Pine is also home to the southeastern distribution center for Old Dominion, which has over 247 dock locations.